Registration Open for City’s Summer Camps Program
Teen, Art, Sports & Weekly Camps Offered for Children
Registration for the Columbia Parks and Recreation Department’s Summer Camps Program, which includes weekly camps and a variety of specialty camps, is open for children ages 5 and up.
Weekly summer camps will be held from Monday, June 10 through Friday, August 9, 2019.
The Summer Camp program focuses on education through recreation, team building and leadership, creativity and self-expression, physical fitness and decision making. Camps are open to both city residents and non-city residents.
In the Weekly Camps, children will participate in a variety of theme-related crafts and activities. The cost is $55 per week. A one-time activity fee of $55 is due upon registration for weekly camps.
Weekly camps are held from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. for children ages 5-12 (as of June 1) at the following parks:
- Greenview Park- 6700 David St., 803-754-5223
- Hampton Park-1111 Brandon Ave., 803-776-9082
- Heathwood Park- 800 Abelia Rd., 803-733-8446
- Hyatt Park- 950 Jackson Ave., 803-733-8445
- Lorick Park- 1600 Lorick Ave., 803-691-9339
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park- 2300 Greene St., 803-733-8452
- Melrose Park- 1500 Fairview Rd., 803-733-8493
- Pinehurst Park- 2300 Pinehurst Rd., 803-733-8449
- St. Anna’s Park- 1315 Liberty Hill Rd., 803-733-8450
- Sims Park- 3500 Duncan St., 803-733-8451
- South Edisto (Edisto Discovery Center) Park, 1914 Wiley Street, 803-255-8103
- Woodland Park- 6500 Olde Knight Highway, 803-776-1096
The Parks and Recreation Department offers a Teen Camp for children ages 13-16 at the KMB Booker Washington Heights Community Center located at 2611 Grant Avenue.
The camp runs from June 10 to August 9, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. The cost is $55 per week. A one-time activity fee of $55 is due upon registration.
Children in grades K-6 can participate in a summer Sports Camp held at Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, 2300 Greene Street. The camp is held from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 10 to August 9. The cost is $55 per week. A one-time activity fee of $55 is due upon registration.
The Columbia Tennis Center located at 1635 Whaley Street, is hosting a summer Tennis Camp for children ages 6-14. The camp will focus on stroke production and techniques, drills, match competition and more.
The camp will be held on the following dates from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.:
- June 10-14
- June 24-28
- July 8-12
- July 22-26
The cost of the camp is $55 per week. Applications are available at the Columbia Tennis Center. Registrations will be taken until the first day of camp.
For more information, contact the tennis center at 803-733-8440.
The James E. Clyburn Golf Center is hosting a summer golf camp for children ages 8-14 who are interested in improving their golf skills or learning the fundamentals of the game, etiquette and course management. The camp is open to new, intermediate and experienced golfers.
No equipment is needed. The fee to participate is $55 per week.
The camp will be held at the golf center located at 2901 Slighs Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (drop-off starts at 8 a.m.) on the following dates:
- June 24-29
- July 22-26
For more information about the summer golf program, contact the Clyburn Golf Center at 803-255-8920.
Let your child explore their creative side through painting, drawing, pottery and more at the Art Center’s summer Art Camp. The camp will be held from June 10 through August 16 for ages 5-16. Sessions will be held at the Art Center, located at 1227 Taylor St., Ste. C. The camp costs $90 per session. Camp is held Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
Registration is limited to 10 participants per session.
Sessions for ages 5-9
- Session 1: June 10-14: Barnyard Art Fun
- Session 4: July 8-12: Foxing Around the Woods
- Session 6: July 22-26: Line Design: What is Your Line?
- Session 7: July 29-August 2: Architecture Fun
- Session 8: August 5-9: Around the Corner, Underwater & Outer Space
Sessions for ages 10-16
- Session 2: June 17-21: Pottery Explorations
- Session 5: July 15-19: Pottery Explorations
- Session 9: August 12-16: Outside the Box
Sessions for ages 7-12
- Session 3: June 24-28: Mix It Up: Recycled Art Camp
For more information, contact the Art Center at 803-545-3093.
For more information about the Parks and Recreation Department’s summer programs, call 803-545-3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Downloads
Summer Feeding Program
The City of Columbia Parks & Recreation Department has several locations that serve as host sites for a summer feeding program for youth ages 17 and under.
1111 Recreation Drive, Columbia, SC 29201
P: 803-545-3100 | 803-343-8744
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
Do you want to know about all the events, leisure services and everything that is happening in Parks & Recreation? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter, Columbia On the Move!