SPRING FORWARD AMNESTY PROGRAM
Every Friday in May 2021
When and where?
- May 7, 2021 : 9 am - 5:30 pm at City of Columbia Municipal Court; 811 Washington Street, Columbia, SC 29201
- May 14, 2021: 9 am - 5:30 pm at Busby Street Community Center; 1735 Busby Street, Columbia, SC 29203
- May 21, 2021: 9 am - 5:30 pm at Earlewood Park; 1111 Recreation Drive, Columbia, SC 29201
- May 28, 2021: 9 am - 5:30 pm at Transitions Homeless Center; 2025 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201
How does the program work?
- Anyone with outstanding bench warrants or fees and fines should appear at one of the locations listed above to resolve their cases without fear of arrest. Outstanding bench warrants will be vacated for anyone that voluntarily appears, and late fees and fines will be reduced or converted to community service.
How do I know if this applies to me?
- To see if you have an outstanding bench warrant, call (803) 545-3166 or click here.
- To see if you have outstanding fees or fines, call (803) 545-3140.
Does this program apply to all charges?
- Driving Under the Influence, 1st Offense and Domestic Violence 3rd Degree are not included in this program. All other traffic, city ordinance, and misdemeanor violations are included.
Need more information? Click here to view the Amnesty Days flyer OR call (803) 545-3150.
CLEAR UP OLD CASES, AVOID ARREST, AND GET A FRESH START BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF AMNESTY DAYS!
The Court is open for in-person and virtual hearings. Please check your ticket or summons to determine whether your hearing is in-person or virtual.
Mondays: Criminal Court (in-person); Preliminary Hearings (virtual)
Tuesdays: Traffic Court (in-person); Preliminary Hearings (virtual)
Wednesdays: Criminal Court, Domestic Violence Court, Quality of Life Court (all in-person); Preliminary Hearings (virtual)
Thursdays: Traffic Court (in-person); Preliminary Hearings (virtual)
Fridays: Criminal Court (in-person); Traffic Court (virtual)
This Court is part of the integrated judicial system for the State of South Carolina and serves as the judicial center for the City of Columbia. This Court handles traffic violations, criminal (misdemeanor) violations, city ordinance violations and environmental code violations.
The City of Columbia Municipal Court’s mission is to provide an efficient, equitable, and impartial forum to hear and resolve alleged violations of criminal laws, traffic laws and city ordinances while protecting the legal rights of individuals and safeguarding the public interest, to impose appropriate sentences and bonds, and to effectively and efficiently collect fines, costs, and penalties due to the City of Columbia.
Hours of operation: Columbia Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Location and Phone Number
Columbia Municipal Court is located at 811 Washington Street, Columbia, SC 29201, next to the Columbia Police Department Headquarters in downtown Columbia. MAP
Main phone number: (803)-545-3150.